Prisoner of War Medal
This variant is currently sold out
- Minted and hallmarked by the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Institute of Heraldry
- Regulation full size, oxidized bronze medal or stay-brite anodized, 24K gold plated
- Authentic, genuinely-minted U.S. military medal, proudly made in the U.S.A.
- Awarded for being taken prisoner and held captive while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States; while engaged in military operations involving conflict against an opposing foreign force; while serving with friendly forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force to which the United States is not a belligerent; or under circumstances not covered by but which the Secretary concerned finds were comparable to those circumstances under which persons have generally been held captive by enemy armed forces during periods of armed conflict.
- Includes clasping pin backing; Ribbon-mount pin backing compatible (sold separately)
- Standard 1 3/8" width ribbon