U.S. Marines Khaki Pith Helmet, Waterproof
This variant is currently sold out
Nothing denotes a U.S. Marine Corps Marksmanship Instructor or Range Coach more so than the iconic Pith Helmet. First worn and popularized by U.S. Marines in the 1940s in tropical environments, it remains a traditional piece of headgear that still sees use on Marine Corps rifle ranges to this day. Otherwise known as the "Elephant Hat" by Marines, it stands as a symbol of the Marine Corps' philosophy that every Marine is first and foremost a rifleman and that Marine Corps Marksmanship Instructors carry the important duty of passing on that ethos to junior Marines and recruits.
- Fully adjustable crown strap fits most (sizes 6 1/4 to 7 3/4)
- 100% waterproof and high density polyethylene construction keeps head dry and cool in downpours and hot sunny weather
- Removable padded sweatband for all day comfort and suspension system keeps helmet up and off the head
- Removable elastic chin strap offers stability in windy weather
- Traditional khaki tan color
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Optional genuine USMC issue subdued EGA (Eagle Globe and Anchor) insignia with screw post; both officer and enlisted versions available
- Proudly a Marine Corps Veteran Owned and Operated Business since 2001